Travelodge London Greenwich, Blackheath Road, London SE10 8EF
A comfortable and friendly budget hotel with extremely helpful staff, next to Deptford Bridge station. Well located for things to do in the local area…
About the Hotel
The Travelodge London Greenwich is on a main road with a Tesco Express next door and a Coop opposite. Restaurants are within a few minutes walk. Additionally, it is well located for …
- The Cutty Sark – 20 minutes walk
- Greenwich Market – 18 minutes walk
- The Royal Observatory – 23 minutes walk
- Queen’s House Museum – 25 minutes walk
- National Maritime Museum – 21 minutes walk
Check-in is available from 3pm and check out is at noon the following day. An earlier check-in may be available for an additional charge of £10.
Bar and Restaurant
The Travelodge Greenwich London has a restaurant onsite open for breakfast and dinner and a bar.
Unlimited Breakfast costs £9.25
Includes a selection of cereals, fried breakfast with vegetarian choices, fruit salad, yogurt, toast and croissants. Drinks served are coffee and teas, hot chocolate and juice.
A selection of reasonably priced food (2 courses for £12.50) is available from 12pm-5pm and 10pm-6am daily including dishes such as …
- Katsu Curry
- Chicken Tikka Masala
- Kerelean cauliflower curry
- A selection of side dishes also perfect for a snack and
- A variety of Desserts
Room types include:
- Double Room – Kingsize bed, shower, Freeview TV, desk, tea and coffee making facilities
- Double Twin Accessible Room – Single or double beds, shower, Freeview TV, desk, tea and coffee making facilities
- Family Room – Kingsize bed, 1 or 2 pull-out beds, shower, Freeview TV, desk, tea and coffee making facilities
- Small Family Room – Kingsize bed, pull-out bed, shower, Freeview TV, desk, tea and coffee making facilities
My Accommodation – Double Room
My room was clean, warm and comfortable comprising a kingsize bed, television with Freeview, desk with chair, tea and coffee making facilities. The small bathroom was fitted with a shower, WC and a wash handbasin. Irons, ironing boards and hairdryers are available on request if not in the room already. It was a warm evening so I was grateful that the window opened to let in some fresh air, even though it was noisy due to its main road location.
All rooms have access to half an hour free wifi. An additional 24 hours wifi can be purchased for £3.
Prices vary but they offer good value for money. Flexible rates are available giving you the option of cancelling with a full refund up to 4pm before the scheduled day of arrival. Check their website for current prices.
I parked at the car park in Vanguard Street. It was a 5 minute walk to the hotel. It is free between 18:30pm and 8am, all day on Sundays and Bank Holidays. Postcode is SE8 4DJ.
Chargeable hours cost as follows:
1 hour – £1.40
2 hours – £2.80
3 hours – £4.20
4 hours – £5.60
6 hours – £8.40
Motorcycle – Free
Maximum stay 6 hours
There is also parking in Frankham Street car park – post code SE8 4RH. The same charges as above apply.
During my stay, I dealt with a couple of people at the front desk and both were very pleasant. One lady helped with taxi information, the local area and made sure I had the hotel telephone number before I went out for the evening, should any problems arise.
Benefits for a Solo Traveller
- Walking distance to restaurants, activities and station for central London.
- Friendly staff
- Comfortable Room
- Flexible rate available so you can cancel up to 4pm the day before the day of arrival
Suggested Further Reading:
Things to do in London – recommended solo activities
Restaurants in London – recommended places to eat that I have dined at solo