Pllek, TT Neveritaweg 59, Amsterdam
Pllek is a wonderful place to visit in North Holland and I have to say, became the highlight of my solo holiday to Amsterdam. What a find!!!
The restaurant is made from old shipping containers. To the front is a small beach area with chairs and picnic tables, rocks and the sea wall. The panoramic views of the river IJ are a beautiful setting to watch the stunning sunsets. Buy a drink, find a spot to sit and enjoy…
How to get there
Catch the ferry to NDSM wharf from behind Centraal Station. The ferry ride is free and leaves twice an hour. The crossing takes 20 minutes and many of the passengers are locals heading home from their commute into the city.
Food and Drink
If you are feeling hungry, the restaurant serves organic lunch, dinner and snacks. As well as organic meat, they only use sustainable fish in their restaurants too.
- Breakfast is served from 9:30am-12pm
- Lunch 11:30am-3:30pm
- Snacks 3:30pm-10pm
- Dinner from 6pm-10pm
Snacks are priced from Euros 5 and include…
- Deep fried padron peppers with olive oil and sea salt
- Wild boar sausage with picalilly
- Samosas with sweet chilli sauce
- Cheese platter with fig bread, crackers and a quince compote
Main courses from the dinner menu are priced from Euros 18 and include…
- Grilled marinated carrot with black quinoa, zucchini, eggplant, mint pistou, pistachio, carrot-ginger sauce and carrot salad
- Spring vegetable tagine with pearl couscous and a salad of cabbage, raisins and mint with raita, harissa, dukkah and zhug
Lunch dishes start from Euros 7 and include…
- A range of sandwiches and bread with various toppings and dips
If you choose to eat and drink outside, there are specified areas to leave trash and empty glasses and waiters come and collect them every so often.
A variety of activities and venues take place here such as yoga, dancing, live music. Check the agenda link for up to date information.
Once a month IJ-hallen, the largest flea market in Europe, takes place in this neighbourhood.
Suggested Further Reading:
Amsterdam Hotels – solo review of where I stayed and links to other hotels in a good area for solo travel
Things to do in Amsterdam – Recommended if you are on your own
Restaurants in Amsterdam – that I have enjoyed dining solo at