Boom Restaurant, Powder House Drive, Nelson’s Dockyard, English Harbour, Antigua
Boom is open from 11am-6pm daily for lunch and drinks. The views of the harbour from here are breathtaking. Enjoy delicious food with a cool tropical breeze, followed by a dip in the infinity pool, relaxing time on a sun lounger or hammock, or even a spa treatment…
If you are staying at Admiral’s Inn, Boom is accessed by boat shuttle. The ride takes just a couple of minutes.
Once here, you can choose to dine in the restaurant area or eat by the infinity pool. The generous serving of tasty truffle fries with a sprinkling of parmesan were delicious and priced at EC$18, made a great poolside snack.
A spa is located underneath the Boom restaurant should you wish to book a treatment. Alternatively you may prefer to unwind in one of the hammocks or sun loungers by the infinity pool.
A variety of music is piped through speakers discretely disguised as rocks, creating a pleasant ambience.
Dishes served at Boom include the following…
Starters and Sharing Plates- prices upwards of EC$35
- Grilled Tiger Prawns with a basil and saffron aioli
- Thai Shrimp Cakes with coconut, chillies, herbs and spices and a spicy passionfruit dipping sauce
- Jerk Baby Back Ribs with homemade jerk sauce
Salads and Sandwiches start from EC$45
- Roasted Butternut Squash salad with mixed leaves, roasted tomatoes, cilantro, seeds, all on a bed of spinach
- Da Boom Tuna Salad – Seared sesame crusted tuna, seasonal veg with a mango vinaigrette
- Truffle Aioli Steak Sandwich – Grilled marinated hanger steak, thyme roasted onions and truffle aioli in ciabatta bread with local leaves and fries
Mains from EC$55
- Fettuccini al pesto
- Catch of the day served with salad and a garlic chilli butter or creole sauce
- Seared Ahi Tuna with stir fried vegetables and a sweet soya glaze
Desserts from EC$12
- Homemade double chocolate brownie with salted caramel sauce and white chocolate ice cream
- Colonel – lime sorbet with a shot of vodka
The Gourmet Club Sandwich – this was a wonderful combination of flavours and textures all within fresh sourdough bread….proscuitto, grilled chicken, rocket, tomatoes, mozzarella and fried egg. This was served with crisp, tasty truffle fries with parmesan.
Most of the waiting staff here are very friendly. The service was quite slow in the restaurant, in terms of someone taking my order and trying to get the bill. The bar service, however, is very efficient at taking drink orders and whenever I ordered food to have poolside, it was brought over promptly with a smile.
Would I Return?
Having stayed at Admiral’s Inn on a couple of occasions, I have dined at Boom several times. As a solo diner, it is a great place to eat for the following reasons.
- Delicious food
- Boom restaurant offers poolside dining
- Friendly staff
- Idyllic waterfront and poolside setting with stunning views
- Tables not too close together
- Lots of small tables around the edge of the dining area, great for solo dining
Suggested Further Reading:
Things to do in Antigua – activities I have enjoyed doing by myself
Other restaurants in Antigua – other places I recommend dining solo
Hotels in Antigua – Recommended hotels in Antigua for solo holidays
Bed and Breakfast in Antigua – recommended BnB accommodation
Gallery of Photos – selection of my favourite photos from solo holidays in Antigua
Eating Alone – Solo dining tips