There are hotels and accommodation in Antigua to suit everyone. Whether you are looking for an all inclusive or room only resort, budget or more luxurious accommodation, there is plenty of choice.
Antigua All Inclusive Resorts
Lots of the all inclusive resorts are situated on an idyllic beachfront location. ‘All inclusive’ generally means all food in the buffet restaurants, local brands of spirits, wine and soft drinks are included in the price. Non-motorised water sports, entertainment, beach towels and sun loungers are also included. Spa facilities, fine wine and champagne are usually available at an extra charge, as are a couple of meals on the menu in the more formal restaurants. Sightseeing tours can usually be organised through the hotel reception or an onsite tour desk. This is recommended rather than via a beach vendor.
All inclusive resorts I have stayed at and reviewed in Antigua as a solo traveller, include the following… Click on the links to read my solo holiday reviews.
- Starfish Jolly Beach Resort a 3* all inclusive resort on the West Coast of Antigua
- Hawksbill by Rex Resorts a 3* adults only, all inclusive resort on the West Coast of Antigua
- Pineapple Beach Club a 4* all inclusive, adults only resort on the East Coast of Antigua
- Starfish Halcyon Cove by Rex a 3* all inclusive resort on the North West Coast of Antigua
- St James Club a 4* all inclusive resort on the South East Coast of Antigua
Boutique Hotels Antigua
For those solo travellers that wish to venture out a bit more to explore the island and don’t always wish to eat on resort then a ‘room only’ option is a good idea. I stayed at Admiral’s Inn on a solo holiday to Antigua and this gave me the flexibility to do just that. There were restaurants on resort if I wanted to stay local but other options to dine off resort as well by taxi or boat!
- Admiral’s Inn a 4* room only resort within Nelson’s Dockyard on the South Coast of Antigua
Suggested further reading: