Melia Madrid Serrano, Calle de Claudio Coello, 139, 28006, Madrid
About Melia Madrid Serrano
This is a hotel that oozes luxury. It has an impressive reception area with professional staff, comfortable rooms with large beds and is also popular with solo travellers. It offers a good balance of being well placed for local tourist attractions without being in a touristy area.
A luxurious hotel in the upmarket area of Barrio de Salamanca, within reasonable walking distance of downtown Madrid (40 mins), AZCA commercial district (25 mins) and Santiago Bernabeu stadium (30 minutes). It is not surprising that its’ central location attracts tourists and business travellers alike. The closest Metro station is a 5 minute walk away – Nùñez de Balboa.
Facilities include …
- 24 hour reception
- Room service
- Breakfast lounge
- Sun loungers
- Use of infinity pool (currently under renovation)
Room Types suitable for Solo Travel
All rooms are equipped with a flat screen tv with satellite channels, free wifi, private bathrooms, mini fridge, reverse air-conditioning units and a safe.
- Melia Rooms additionally have a kettle with tea/coffee, phone, mini bar, reverse air-conditioning units, hairdryer, ironing facilities on request, make up mirror and shower
- Premium Rooms as with Melia Rooms but larger and a LCD satellite TV
- Supreme Rooms as with Premium rooms and bath robe and slippers
The Level at Melia Madrid Serrano
The level is an area of the hotel which benefits from additional facilities and services solely for those rooms on this level such as…
- Private breakfast area with terrace
- Unlimited snacks/tapas, soft drinks, coffee, tea, wine and beer from 7am-11pm
- Separate check-in area
- Flexible check in and late check out if required
- Luxurious and spacious modern bedrooms
- One item can be ironed free of charge per stay
- 10% off restaurant dining
- Roof terrace with amazing sunset views over the city
- TV lounge area
My Accommodation at The Level
My spacious and luxurious room comprised a comfortable, large double bed with sumptuous pillows, table with 2 chairs, LCD satellite TV with more than 50 channels in different languages, phone, mini-bar, Nespresso coffee maker, magazines, MP3 station with bluetooth, safe, minibar, hairdryer and make up mirror.
The bathroom had a large walk-in shower with a private toilet area.
A Pilates ball was provided as well as weighing scales, ironing facilities, bathrobe and slippers.
In addition to the above I was welcomed with bottled water, olive oil crisps and fresh olives. There was also a range of products I could purchase. A turndown service was also provided.
Late check out was available at no extra cost which was a bonus travelling solo. It meant I could maximise my time on my last day exploring the city and still had my room available to freshen up before my flight.
For further information about room types, current prices and booking, have a look at Melia Madrid Serrano’s website.
Would I return here for solo travel?
Yes, definitely! This was a first class hotel and I would return here for solo travel for the following reasons…
- Safe area within easy walk/access to the main attractions
- Close to metro stations
- Easy to get to and from the airport
- Plenty of local restaurants
- In room telephone with 24 hour reception
- The Level seemed popular with solo travellers for business and leisure
- Friendly, helpful and informative staff
- Extremely comfortable and spacious rooms