Hotel de Flandre, Poel 1-2, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Hotel de Flandre is within a listed building, located in a tucked away, quiet street, but just a stone’s throw to the city’s main attractions. The River Leie with its breathtakingly beautiful night time reflections, is just a minute’s walk away.
Facilities at Hotel de Flandre
A room at Hotel de Flandre in November costs around £100 per night. Breakfast is an additional cost and the area in which it is served is in a bright, pleasant area of the hotel.
The warm lounge bar area is cosy and comfortable and ideal for a coffee mid afternoon, or a night cap.
A choice of standard and executive room types are available.
The standard doubles are accessed via an outdoor courtyard area and are ideal for a 2 night stay.
The rooms comprise the following…
- Comfortable double bed
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Blackout blinds
- Satellite TV with English channels
- Oversized shower with rainforest shower head and handheld attachment – good water pressure
Would I return here?
This is an ideal hotel for solo travel for the following reasons.
- Comfortable rooms
- Mixed clientele including couples, business travellers and I was not the only person travelling solo
- Cosy bar where I felt comfortable being on my own at night
- Very helpful staff
- Excellent, quiet location
- 24 hour reception
- Phone in the room
Negatives included a broken plug socket which was promptly noted by the receptionist once mentioned. Occasionally there is a delay on ordering at the bar as reception staff also man the bar area.
Have a look at the hotel’s website for availability and current prices.
Suggested Further Reading: